Although you should really stay home, if you need to run out for something, several businesses throughout the Five Towns are open.
- In N Out
- Town Gourmet
- Broadway near Everett businesses
- King Kullen shopping center
- Foodtown shopping center
- Duane Reade
- New York Sports Club
- Southwest Fitness
- Pugatch Realty
- Xaga Sushi
- Key Food
- Ay Caramba
- Trader Joe's
- Cheese Store (no power — non-perishable items for sale only)
- Chateau Coffee Shop
- Gourmet Glatt shopping center (not all stores are open)
- Bridie O's
- Jerusalem Pizza
- Sunflower Cafe
- Crawford's Coffee Bar
- CVS Pharmacy (Cedarhurst)
- Chen's Chinese Kitchen
- Woodmere Farm Fruit
- Burnside Deli
- Dunkin' Donuts (Cedarhurst)
- Jerry's Bagels
- Atlantic Beach Bagel and Deli
- Dunkin' Donuts (Hewlett)
- Capital One
- Da Nicola
- Subway (Hewlett)
- Mother Kelly's
- Woodmere Express
- Life Clubs
- Chabad of the Five Towns (The center has become a center for storm recovery, serving the Five Towns and Far Rockaway and surrounding areas.)
- Hewlett-Woodmere Public Library
- Peninsula Public Library (We will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We are closed on Sunday and Monday for Veteran's Day. We are forgiving fines due to Sandy. We will not be charging for items damaged due to Sandy.)
A note from New York Sports Clubs:
ALL NYSC members are granted Passport Privileges
Until we get back on our feet, all NYSC members have privileges to use any club, at any time, at no additional cost.
Our doors are open to help anyone impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
All of our clubs are opening their doors to Hurricane Sandy victims allowing full use of our facilities. If you need to take a hot shower, charge your cell phone, or recharge your body with a stress-melting workout, our club is your club. Tell a friend. All we ask is that non-members bring a towel. In the wake of the storm, we’re committed to providing a safe workout environment for all of our members. We appreciate your patience while we restore our facilities to working order.
A note from the JCC of the Greater Five Towns:
We at your JCC of the Greater Five Towns are very concerned for the well-being of all our community members, especially those who are still without electricity and heat. Please join us at 207 Grove Avenue from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to warm up, charge your phones and have a cup of coffee. In addition, if you are having difficulty coping with the storm and its aftermath, we have trained, caring social workers available to help you. We provide assistance with FEMA applications and can help you navigate the other benefits and entitlements related to the storm. If you need non-perishable foods from our Kosher Food Pantry, please let us know by calling 516-569-6733, or stop in to our office at 207 Grove Avenue, Cedarhurst.
A note from Life Clubs:
Dear Members & Guests,
With the cold temperature drop, and impending storm Life Clubs is providing services at 100%. Life Clubs is opening its doors to the entire community for showers, steam, workouts and classes for NO COST. Life Clubs is fully operational, warm and dry. Members and guests are enjoying the facilities during this difficult time. Life is located at 235 Mill Street, Lawrence 516.239.4343
This list will be expanded as people tell us what's open.
Do you know of any stores that are definitely open? Post them in the comments below.