Here are this past week's most read stories on Five Towns Patch:
5. Hewlett-Woodmere Schools to Seek 2.5% Tax Levy Increase
The Hewlett-Woodmere School District will seek a 2.49 percent tax levy increase — the most allowed under the state’s tax cap — for its 2013-14 budget, which is about $4 million more thanlast year’s budget.
4. Valley Stream TD Bank Robbed by Two Men
Two men robbed the TD Bank in Valley Stream on Sunday after one of the men passed a demand note to a teller, police said.
3. NY State Drivers' Licenses Going to Black and White
Beginning in July, New York State will change the look of its drivers' licenses in a move to reduce forgeries that lead to identity theft, underage drinking and possible terrorist attacks, The New York Times reported.
2. Cops: Valley Stream Chiropractor Forcibly Touched Patient
A Merrick man was arrested Sunday after he allegedly used a massaging device to touch a female victim's genital area during a chiropractic exam, police said.
1. Pics: Atlantic Beach Club Rebuilding Again After Sandy
The Shores at Atlantic Beach was born from the ruins of two former clubs that were destroyed by Hurricane Irene — and now the new club is rebuilding from the destruction of Sandy.