A second Brooklyn man was convicted of murder, robbery and kidnapping charges on Thursday for his part in the death of a Woodmere man who was shot in the back last year after a botched robbery, according to the Nassau County District Attorney.
Anthony Jackson, 24, was found guilty of murder in the second degree, kidnapping in the first and second degrees, three counts of robbery in the first degree among other charges. He faces up to 25 years to life in prison at his Oct. 27 sentencing for his role in the death of 20-year-old Tristan Theodore.
, 30, of Brooklyn, was convicted of first-degree murder and other charges in July. He is awaiting sentencing.
“Anthony Jackson was as much a part of this terrible crime as the man who shot Tristan Theodore in the back,” District Attorney Kathleen Rice said. “This attack left a promising young man dead, a family shattered, and a community forever altered by senseless violence.”
At around 1:45 a.m. on June 15, 2010, Theodore and a friend arrived at Theodore’s home in Woodmere, when Williams and Jackson accosted them in the driveway, the DA said. The two men forced the two victims into the basement of the house and bound them with duct tape. Williams and Jackson then took the men’s cash, cell phones, car keys and a Playstation.
Theodore and his friend were then forced into Theodore’s car. After traveling down the road, Theodore’s friend was able to jump from the moving car, according to the DA. Theodore then escaped from the car shortly after, but as he fled, Williams shot him in the back.
Suffering from a gunshot wound, Theodore ran through the backyards of several homes before collapsing on the back porch of a house, the DA said. The homeowners called 911. Theodore was taken to South Nassau Communities Hospital where he later died.
Assistant District Attorney Martin Meaney of the Major Offense Bureau is prosecuting the case for the DA’s office.
Jackson is represented by Greg Grizopoulos, Esq.