Blaze Damages Cedarhurst House

Three departments respond to fire that was apparently caused by dryer.

A reported dryer fire caused two rooms of a Peninsula Boulevard home to be destroyed, but no injuries were reported, according to the chief of the .

LCFD received a report of the Cedarhurst fire, which spread to the second floor of the home, at about 1:11 p.m., Chief Anthony Rivelli said. Thirty LCFD members had the fire under control at 1:41 p.m. with the assistance of 15 firefighters and six firefighters.

Approximately five residents of the two-family home near the Peninsula Boulevard-Branch Boulevard intersection escaped safely from the fire. An elderly lady was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

The residents were referred to Red Cross for temporary housing.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »