- At 4:10 p.m. on Aug. 19, a manager from Crown Ford said three catalytic convertors, valued at $1,575 each, were stolen from cars parked at the Sunrise Highway dealership.
- At 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 20, an Avis associate said three catalytic convertors, whose value totaled $3,000, were stolen from cars at the Sunrise Highway site.
- At 5 p.m. on Aug. 22, a Second Street resident said she was offered a job she found on the Internet that required her to cash checks received through the mail and send checks out to people in different states. When the first checks were cashed on the victims' account were returned unpaid, the victim owed the bank $5,000.
- At 1 p.m. on Aug. 20, a Michaels Electric Supply complainant said someone forged a check from the company for the amount of $19,805 without permission.
- The manager of Key Food, located 399 Ocean Ave., reported to police on Aug. 25 at 8:07 p.m. that he was robbed by an unknown man that passed a note demanding money and threatening the use of a weapon while inside the store. The subject reportedly fled from the scene on foot with proceeds that included the victim’s personal papers, keys and an undisclosed amount of money from the store safe. No injuries were reported.
- The owner of a Sunrise Highway business reported to police on Aug. 22 at 2:10 p.m. that a man used a counterfeit $100 bill to make a purchase in his store.
- Penny Proctor, 52, of Merrick was arrested and charged with driving while ability impaired by alcohol at West Park Avenue and Lindell Boulevard on Aug. 24., DWI
- Andrew Moreno, 28, of Island Park was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated DWI, driving with a revoked license, driving without an interlock device, driving with improper license plates, driving without a license and two active Long Beach bench warrants.
- Angelo Dockery, 49, a homeless person, was arrested and charged with governmental administration, resisting arrest and a parole warrant at Centre Street on Aug. 25.
- Joseph Zullo, of Floral Park, was arrested on Aug 17 at Burnside Avenue and Nassau Expressway in Inwood and charged with DWI.
- An unknown person(s) between Aug. 16 and 20 took a wallet from a vehicle that was parked in an Ocean Avenue driveway in Lawrence.
- An unknown suspect(s) between Aug. 24 and 25 damaged the lock of a van that was parked on Roosevelt Avenue in Inwood and stole a hand truck and food items.