The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook and Nassau County Police Departments. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice announced Thursday that a Queens woman has been arrested and charged with grand larceny and falsifying business records after she allegedly stole more than $12,000 from two local group homes for the developmentally disabled in Lynbrook and East Rockaway where she worked as the resident manager.
Rice said that since 2001, Denessa Yearwood, 36, of Springfield Gardens, who worked as the resident manager for a group home in Lynbrook and in East Rockaway, stole more than $12,000 by altering or re-using existing receipts for resident expenses in the homes' ledgers.
A suspect made away with an unknown amount of cash after robbing a gas station near the Lynbrook border early Wednesday morning.
According to Nassau County detectives, around 3:25 a.m., a 33 year old male employee was working at the Sunoco Gas Station located at 1200 Rockaway Ave. in Valley Stream when a white male suspect entered the store, jumped over the counter and opened the cash register.
from a West Hempstead supermarket was sentenced Thursday to 14 hours of community service.
Grand Larceny — At 10:15 a.m. on June 18, the complainant reports that an unknown person(s)did remove their 2008 Ducati Motorcycle from their unlocked garage on Chestnut Street. The value of the motorcycle is $10,000.
Criminal Mischief/Grand Larceny — At 7:30 p.m. on June 18, the complainant reports that an unknown person(s) did damage the passenger side window of their 2009 Subaru, which was parked in the rear of 97 Broadway. The complainant reports that their Fendi wallet containing their NYS driver’s license, a credit card and $15 dollars was removed from their auto. The value of the damage and property is $515 dollars.
Criminal Mischief — At 11:39 p.m. on June 22, a complainant reports that an unknown person(s) did damage the front passenger tire of their 2011 Infiniti, which was parked in their driveway on Buckingham Place. The value of the damage is $300 dollars.
Leaving the Scene of an Incident — At 1:51 p.m. on June 23, a complainant reports that while operating their motor vehicle in the private parking area of Philips Plaza their vehicle was struck by a Nissan Extera. The operator of the Nissan failed to stop and make known their identity. The Lynbrook Police Detective Division is currently investigating the incident.
Identity Theft — At 6 p.m. on June 16, a complainant reports that an unknown person(s) did make 20 unauthorized charges on their Discover credit card. The total amount of the charges is $1,913.04.
Grand Larceny —At 10:08 a.m. on June 27, a complainant reports that an unknown person(s) did remove three Verizon cable boxes from the garage of their residence on Marion Street. The value of the cable boxes is $1,950.
Notification — The Lynbrook Police Department is endeavoring to locate a female witness that was at the scene of an auto accident in which a bicyclist was struck. The accident occurred at Peninsula Boulevard and Hempstead Avenue on Wednesday, June 13 at 4:10pm. The motorist involved in the accident failed to stop and make known their identity. Anyone with information please contact the Lynbrook Police Department Detective Division at 516-599-3300 Ext. 261 or 262.
- On June at 12:44 a.m., Shaquan O. Lewis, 29, of Lynbrook, was arrested and charged with Robbery, Criminal Use of a Firearm and Criminal Possession of a Weapon on Sunrise Highway.
- On June 19 at 12:44 a.m., Arnetha S. Humphrey, 30, of Lynbrook,was arrested and charged with Robbery on Sunrise Highway.
- On June 20 at 10:40 p.m., John A. Picone, 34, of Oceanside, was arrested and charged with two counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance on Sunrise Highway.
- On June 20 at 10:40 p.m., Jason L. Tiso, 41, of East Rockaway, was arrested and charged with two counts Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance on Sunrise Highway.
- On June 20 at 6:55 p.m., Sequoia Maxwell, 47, of Hempstead, was arrested and charged with Aggravated Unlicensed Operation on Sunrise Highway.
- On June 21 at 10:15 p.m., Christopher Rapp, 30, of Lynbrook, was arrested and charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance and two counts of Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance on Washington Avenue.
- On June 26 at 11:35 p.m., Lemorge E. Battle, 44, of Far Rockaway, was arrested and charged with two counts of Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and Operate a M.V. while using a Cell Phone on Broadway.