A Long Beach man died on a West End street on Aug. 18.
James McGeeham, 56, died at the Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow at 8:10 at p.m. on Aug. 22, according Shelly Lotenberg, NUMC director of public affairs, and the Long Beach Police Department.
The motorist, who police did not identify, struck McGeeham and his dog, Ozzy, outside , at 1016 W. Beech St., according to Richard Corbett, chief of the Long Beach Fire Department. The dog died at the scene.
A fire ripped through and destroyed the decades-old Merrick Road shop early Tuesday morning.
According to the Nassau County Fire Marshall, it was determined that the fire was most likely caused by an electrical problem near the front window of Lynbrook Bicycles.
The fire spread upward to the roof and to the back of the store, Lynbrook Fire Department Ex-Captain Steve Grogan said. The fire was contained to the bicycle store, although the two adjoining stores, and , did sustain damage, as doors were opened and ceilings were pulled to make sure the fire had not extended.
A Rockville Centre man was arrested during a county-wide sweep targeting convicted drunk drivers who attempted to bypass required ignition interlock devices in their vehicles.
Kenneth Hock, 47, of Rockville Centre, was one of 22 county residents arrested during the sweep Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice and Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano announced Monday.
Hock is being charged with operating a motor vehicle without a court-ordered interlock and driving with suspended license.
- Frankie Ciena, 35, of Rockville Centre, was arrested on Aug. 12 and charged with third-degree assault following an investigation at his residence.
- Christopher Undorff, 42, of Bellmore, was arrested on Aug. 14 following a police investigation at Sunrise Highway and Ocean Avenue and charged with second-degree criminal contempt that reportedly occurred on Aug. 12 in Merrick.
- Jillian Mager, 29, of Lindenhurst was arrested on Aug. 17 and charged with driving while intoxicated on West Beech Street.
- Myrna Slater, 47, of Westbury was arrested on Aug. 17 and charged with driving while intoxicated on New York Avenue and Ocean Beach Park.
- Megan Wagner, 22, of Bellmore was arrested on Aug. 18 and charged with driving while intoxicated and refusing to take a breath test at East Park Avenue.
- Joseph O’Neill, 20, of Long Beach was arrested on Aug. 19 and charged with third-degree criminal mischief at Wyoming Avenue and West Beech Street.
- Brett Goldblatt, 40, of Ridgefield Park, NJ, was arrested on Aug. 20 and charged with driving while intoxicated at East Park Avenue and Maple Boulevard.
- Tolga Cabalar, 23, of Merrick was arrested on Aug. 20 and charged with driving while intoxicated at West Beech Street.
- Emily Shoemaker, 21, of North Carolina was arrested on Aug. 20 and charged with driving while intoxicated on Lido Boulevard in Lido Beach.
- Carolina Faraglia, 26, of Long Beach was arrested on Aug. 21 and charged with second-degree assault and criminal possession of a weapon with intent to use on West Beech Street. According to police, Faraglia assaulted a victim with a bottle.
- Eric Valdivieso, 23, of Rockville Centre was arrested on Aug. 21 and charged with driving while intoxicated at Park Street and Troy Avenue.