From Sanitary District 1 Assistant Superintendent George Pappas:
- In order to better assist you, storm debris should be brought to the curb to expedite pickup. Regular household garbage should be left where you usually leave it.
- Sanitation workers will pick up regular household garbage in the morning, then return later in the day for bulk refuse.
- The men are more than willing to assist anyone. They’re currently working double shifts.
- We’ll get through this as a community.
- District management has been in contact with village mayors and trustees and other organizations and will continue to do so.